Home Remedies to Pamper Your Feet
Whether it’s your normal day at work, hangout day with friends, or shopping day at the mall, you have to admit that your feet never get its own fair share of rest, and it’s almost impossible to give your feet a day off unless you’re bedridden. Just imagine how it carries your whole weight all day, literally.I’m sure your feet have served you well. Now, it’s time to reward your feet after a long day of its good service.
Here are some of the home remedies to pamper your tired feet and bring back its beauty and strength:
- If your feet are swollen after standing for long hours, especially in your heels, you can start by elevating your feet on a chair while sitting when you get home to help blood circulation. This can also help get rid of varicose veins that are starting to show up at the back of your legs.
- Give your feet a spa with your DIY feet soak. Just prepare warm water, ½ cup lemon juice, and bath salt then mix everything in a shallow container and soak your feet in the mixture for 10-15 minutes. In this way, the outer layer of skin will soften to prepare it for the next steps.
- Exfoliate your feet. There are foot scrubs that are designed to exfoliate your skin, but if you want a cheaper alternative, sugar can do the work of removing dead skin cells from your feet. It can brighten and soften your feet in an instant.
- If your feet are calloused, you can use a foot file and rub it gently with it. This is to remove thicker skin that causes dark patches on your feet. Never use foot file when you haven’t soaked your feet in water because you can damage your skin when it is raw.
- Once your feet are dry after your homemade spa, you should moisturize it deeply. Mint lotions or feet balms are advisable because of its ultra hydrating properties so the cool and soft feeling can relieve the strength of your feet and make it feel refreshed. You can cover it with clean socks if you want the moisture to seep in quickly. Leave it overnight for best results.
- Give yourself foot massage while applying moisturizer. You can hold your feet with both hands, the sole facing you, and push your thumbs repetitively back and forth targeting the pressure points. You can also exercise your feet by rotating your ankles clockwise and counter clockwise to stretch your tired muscles.
- If you want to take your pampering to a higher level, you can beautify it by giving your nails a makeover. Just clean your nails and neatly shape it to whatever you desire and apply nail polish. This will allow you to be creative and to express your mood through your nails. Just try not to stress out on picking the color of the nail polish you’ll use because the whole point of this is to pamper yourself.
Pamper Your Feet
Isn’t it rewarding to wake up to a refreshed and beautiful feet? Now, you’re all set to face a new day, this time give your feet extra care.